Why does 304 stainless steel need ROHS certification
Stainless steel products can be seen everywhere in our daily lives, and 304 stainless steel is also the most common material in stainless steel. Its density is 7.93 g/cm3, which is also called 18/8 stainless steel in the industry. 304 stainless steel is widely used in industry and furniture decoration occupations and food and medical occupations because of its high temperature resistance of 800 ℃, good processing performance and high toughness. What is the impact of the product not being ROHS certified? Failure to do ROHS certification will cause immeasurable damage to the manufacturer. It will also cause the product to be left unattended and lose the market. If the product is found after entering the other party’s mall, it will be subject to high fines and even criminal detention.
The product range covered by this directive is very broad, covering all electronics, electrical, toys, electrical appliances, communications, medical, security information and other products. Therefore, the ROHS directive not only applies to the complete machine product, but also applies to the parts, fasteners, original materials and packaging used in the production of the complete machine. ROHS touches the entire production chain and even the industrial chain. Stainless steel (Stainless Steel) is the abbreviation of stainless and acid-resistant steel. It is called stainless steel that is resistant to weak corrosive media such as air, steam, and water, or is stainless steel; and chemically resistant to chemical corrosion media (acid, alkali, salt, etc.) Corrosion steel is called acid-resistant steel. RoHS test is to test whether lead Pb, cadmium Cd, chromium Cr, mercury Hg, polybrominated biphenyls PBBs, and polybrominated diphenyl ethers PBDEs in the original materials of electronic and electrical products or electronic and electrical products exceed the limit requirements of EU RoHS2.0. The quiz is simple and the cost is not high.
304 stainless steel ROHS certification test items:
1. Analysis and detection of stainless steel composition|stainless steel composition detection-stainless steel trademark judgment: 304, 304L, 316 and other stainless steel; element content detection: nickel Ni, chromium Cr, molybdenum Mo, iron Fe, etc.;
2. Alloy composition analysis｜Alloy composition detection-copper alloy, aluminum alloy, zinc alloy, solder and other alloys: carbon C, nitrogen N, sulfur S, phosphorus P, silicon Si, copper Cu, iron Fe, aluminum Al, tin Sn, molybdenum Mo, nickel Ni, chromium Cr, manganese Mn, titanium Ti, tungsten W, lead Pb, zinc Zn...;
3. Analysis of metal elements|Conventional metal element testing, oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen gas element testing, precious metal testing, heavy metal testing, RoHS testing and other metal component testing in metal materials.
Materials that RoHS can detect:
All kinds of cast iron, steel (including carbon steel, alloy steel, etc.), copper (copper alloy), aluminum (aluminum alloy), solder, zinc and zinc alloy, etc. Stainless steel material testing, metal data testing, metal data testing, metal component testing, stainless steel component testing, metal mechanical property testing, metal analysis, metal field testing, PMI field testing, spectrometer testing, antique testing, ROHS testing, ore component testing, metal Failure analysis, etc.
Stainless steel RoHS certification process:
1. Evaluate the price and time of RoHS certification
2. Fill in the request form and provide samples
3. Return the contract and remittance slip
4. Test according to RoHS certification requirements
5. Generally 5 working days, after passing the test, the RoHS test report will be issued